Monday, July 10, 2017

Good Advice


Someone once challenged me to think about the long term plan (specifically, 5 years into the future), regardless of whether I found suitable work or not. In most cases, I struggle with these deep and personal questions. But this time...was no different. I still struggled, if not more than ever before.
I think at that point I'd come to the realization that even as I chase after the lucrative prize of a paid job, it would be a classic case of  "the empty pursuit", where people simply aim for the things that they simply don't have. A very problematic mindset, and one which I hope I'll still think about in months later.

This encounter was about 2 weeks ago. I (still) think it would have been suitable last week, but then again, who doesn't like a good Halal Snack Pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment